In 1979, the Eiger Ski Club was granted a crown lease at Mount Hotham, and started construction of the Eiger Ski Lodge.
Eiger’s philosophy is to provide the best possible facilities for the benefit of members and the mountain generally, being:
- Strong fiscal management which enables the lodge to provide a high level of physical amenity and services (such as resident lodge managers in winter)
- Continuous reinvestment in the lodge. We have:
- Refurbished the kitchen, replaced furnishing and fittings
- Refurbished bathrooms and bedrooms, replaced carpets and flooring
- Re-clad the lodge in aluminium, substantially modernising its appearance, dramatically reducing external maintenance and improving internal climate efficiency
- Upgraded the heating system and installed double glazed windows
- Well defined policy and procedures which cover topics ranging from member qualification to ensure we have members who are aligned with our practices and values, to detailed lodge manager and executive and committee member position descriptions.